Source: Atheist Cartoon
- A little knowledge can go a long way
- A lot of professionals are crackpots
- A man can’t know what it is to be a mother
- A name means a lot just by itself
- A positive attitude means all the difference in the world
- A relaxed man is not necessarily a better man
- A sense of timing is the mark of genius
- A sincere effort is all you can ask
- A single event can have infinitely many interpretations
- A solid home base builds a sense of self Continue reading…
The world is meaningless, there is no God or gods, there are no morals, the universe is not moving inexorably towards any higher purpose. All meaning is man-made, so make your own, and make it well. Do not treat life as a way to pass the time until you die.
Do not try to “find yourself”, you must make yourself. Choose what you want to find meaningful and live, create, love, hate, cry, destroy, fight and die for it. Do not let your life and your values and you actions slip easily into any mold, other that that which you create for yourself, and say with conviction, “This is who I make myself”.
Do not give in to hope. Remember that nothing you do has any significance beyond that with which imbue it. Whatever you do, do it for its own sake. When the universe looks on with indifference, laugh, and shout back, “Fuck You!”. Rembember that to fight meaninglessness is futile, but fight anyway, in spite of and because of its futility.
The world may be empty of meaning, but it is a blank canvas on which to paint meanings of your own. Live deliberately. You are free.
Source: Write Something